- The island is surrounded by clean beaches with blue flags.
- You will find many picturesque and impressive coves.
- You can taste fresh fish in the island's taverns literally next to the sea or on a beautiful balcony with excellent view.
- Many celebrities have visited the island:we mention,for instance, that former Prime Minister of Greece, Andreas Papandreou got engaged in the small chapel you can see from our balconies.
- There is a great range of active nightlife.
How to reach Patmos
By sea from Peiraias,Samos,Kos or Rodos.
By air to Samos, Leros, Kalymnos or Rhodes and then by ship, catamaran or flying dolphin (to Patmos).
Getting around in Patmos
You can use the bus, a taxi or small boats. Alternatively you can hire a car or a motorbike.
Worth to visit in Patmos
The library where there are rare manuscripts 2000 books and 13000 documents.
The monastery of Zoodochos Pigi in Chora, a sample of pure island temple with gorgeous 16th and 18th century icons.
The commune of Evaggelismos in southern Chora.Several nuns live in this monastery where there is a handicraft school for Patmian needlework.
The famous Patmiada school which, established in 1713, was the educational center for the enslaved Greeks, especially during the 1821 revolution. It operated as a seven-year church school while some of its students have been distinguished as religious leaders.Today, it is still a seminary acknowledged by the state.
The religious museum which is housed in the monastery and holds valuable holy relics, icons etc.
Apocalypse cave which is on the way from Skala (the port) to Chora. This is where, according to tradition, St John wrote the Apocalypse when he was sent into exile by Romans in AD 95.(The church of Santa Anna, in front of the cave, was founded by monk Christodoulos)